Ein Überblick, was klassische/traditionelle Astrologie ist und welche Techniken man für eine Geburtsdeutung beherrschen muss:
If you are unfamiliar with astrology in general, I think you will be pleased by the no-nonsense, direct, practical and clear descriptions and predictions that are possible with medieval astrology. If you already know some modern astrology, you should be aware of the following points that set the two types apart:
1. We do not use any modern planets like Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto; no asteroids or other bodies like Chiron; no hypothetical planets. Instead, we stick to the 7 traditional planets visible to the naked eye.
2. We do not rely on New Age ideologies and beliefs such as universal spiritual evolution, socialism, past lives and past karma. There are profound spiritual dimensions to medieval astrology, but in natal astrology we are primarily helping the client understand what his or her life will be like, how to take advantage of real opportunities, and prepare for real setbacks.
3. Medieval astrology speaks about real events in the natives life, not just psychological responses to events. This is something very difficult for modern astrologers to get used to, since most modern astrology is devoted to describing personal psychology, often bordering on outright flattery.
4. The medieval astrologer relies heavily on techniques and rules of interpretation, rather than idiosyncratic, intuitive insights.
5. Medieval astrology uses a number of predictive and interpretive techniques that seem foreign to modern astrology, like firdaria, profections, primary directions, triplicity rulers, Arabic parts, and so on. And on the other hand, we rarely use the two main predictive techniques used by moderns: transits and secondary progressions. The two types of astrology are not totally different, but they diverge greatly.
In medieval astrology we also use the following basic meanings for the houses (referred to by their numbers from here on). They diverge in some respects from modern astrology:
1st (Ascendant or ASC): body, health, well-being, happiness.
2nd: wealth (money)
3rd: news, kin, siblings
4th: family, home, domestic situation, real estate
5th: children, having fun
6th: minor illness, hard work, servants.
7th: marriage/relationships, open enemies, lawsuits
8th: death, the spouses/enemys wealth and allies
9th: foreigners, foreign travel, religion
10th (Midheaven or MC): reputation, actions, professional concerns
12th: secret enemies, mistakes, incarceration/oppression
Auszug aus dem Artikel "Using Medieval Astrology: Michael Jacksons Nativity"
© 2004 Benjamin Dykes, Ph.D., DMA
more to read: www.bendykes.com
(Articles by Dr. Dykes)